3525 Byron Road, Howell, MI 48855
Treasury Information and Millage Rates
Dear Property Owner:
Howell Township does not accept postmarks. Howell Township is open 8-5 Monday-Thursday. You can your pay taxes by mail, at the Township Hall, or through our online system on our website:
howelltownshipmi.org, follow the link PAY ONLINE
This will take you to BS&A to search for your parcel and to pay your bill. Please be aware processing fees apply to all online payments that go to the processing company.
Howell Township does not accept E-CHECKS for online payments through BS&A.
Failure to receive a tax bill does not waive interest, penalties, or administration fees. The legal responsibility of paying taxes on the correct parcel of property rests with the taxpayer. The Treasurer is not responsible for payments made to the wrong parcels. Please include property ID numbers with all payments.
Tax bills paid through your online banking system may take 15 to 20 business days to be received by the Township since they are processed by a third-party vendor.
Cash and Check Information:
- CASH - It is not always possible to break large bills, as the office keeps minimal change on hand for security reasons. Please pay with small denomination bills or with exact change.
- CHECKS - Make checks payable to "Howell Township Treasurer." Include your current telephone number and parcel ID number of the property (i.e. 4706-xx-xxx-xxx) on your check.
- DROP BOX - For your convenience, the Township has a drop box located at the front of the Township Hall by the main entrance. Please use only checks or money orders when using the drop box. Any payments left after 5:00 p.m. will be processed on the next business day.
- PARTIAL PAYMENTS - The Treasurer accepts partial payments for taxes.
- RECEIPTS - Receipts are given upon request.
If you have any questions regarding your tax bill please let us know.
Howell Township Treasurer
517-546-2817 ext. 103
Howell Township Deputy Treasurer
517-546-2817 ext. 102